Tomorrow Ideas, Inc. is a fully funded Seattle-based startup building a platform to help millions of middle-class American families grow and protect their finances. The problem we're intent on solving spans multiple industries (legal/finance/insurance) and closes gaps by recommending products that perfectly fit a family's needs.
Tomorrow believes making decisions about your family's financial future can and should be a beautiful experience, not a chore to avoid. The Tomorrow app lets you plan far into the future, taking action where it matters today. Tomorrow has been featured in the press, TV and radio, and has been recently honored at TechCrunch Disrupt, Money2020, and InsureTech Connect.
About Your Role
As a member of our API team at Tomorrow, you would be actively enabling all the backend capabilities that will be leveraged by our iOS and Android teams to build the best possible experiences for our users.
You are a developer comfortable writing scalable web services and are focused on writing code that is both maintainable and elegant. You should love what you do and thrive working in an engineering-driven organization.
What skills you should bring to Tomorrow…
- Strong development capabilities, at least 2 years of experience with building RESTful API services in any language (Java, node, PHP, Go, etc.).
- Experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining server-side applications.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and problem solving
- You’re used to shipping quickly and shipping often (while still maintaining test coverage)
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
What engineering looks like at Tomorrow…
- Continuous integration with automated testing for weekly releases.
- Heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging for rapid iteration.
- A strong focus on building a great user experience, we will balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
Salary: We pay market salaries, including incentive options. Unlimited PTO, Work-From-Home Wednesdays, catered team lunch on Fridays, health benefits, and more.
If you're interested in applying, email email@example.com with your CV or LinkedIn
Meet the Team
Dave Hanley, CEO
Josh Heckathorn, COO
Erik Kjell Berg, VP Product
Where We Work
Tomorrow Ideas, Inc.
500 Union Street, Suite 435
Seattle, WA 98101