The DevOps Engineer will work with Tomorrow’s engineering teams and focus on AWS infrastructure and automation. This person will work closely with our Principal Architect to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure. Tomorrow is interested in engaging a contractor for a specific initial scope, as well as, ongoing consultative support as needed.
Scope of Initial Engagement:
- Resolve all issues as it relates to CIS and AWS best practices reported by AWS Security Hub and external audit reports.
- Review existing infrastructure and provide suggested improvements in both industry standard best practices, security best practices, and suggested improvements and refactors for cost savings.
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Experience with ECS or other container orchestration platforms.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalate issues when necessary
- Design and communicating custom workflows
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure
- Ensure configuration and compliance with security requirements
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure, with expert level knowledge in: (VPC, IAM, ECS, SNS, SQS, RDS, CloudFront, SecretsManager, and S3).
- Strong understanding of security best practices, including how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Proven experience in networking, storage, and Linux
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong bias for action and ownership
- Previous experience working in web services that serve native mobile app clients
- Previous startup experience
- Ability to maintain and analyze additional systems such as Snowflake and Segment
- If you're interested in applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV
Meet the Team
Dave Hanley - CEO
Josh Heckathorn - COO