Do you like making an impact in your work? At Tomorrow, we are a small, but mighty, tight-knit team that believes we can make a difference with our code. We are bringing effective financial tools that previously only existed for the wealthy to everyone in an engaging and intuitive platform. The problem we're intent on solving spans multiple industries, (legal/finance/insurance), and we help close gaps by recommending products that perfectly fit a family's needs.
Our product has been primarily native mobile focused and is expanding into a web application, which is where we need your help. This position works closely with our Product Designers, VP of Product, other web developers, and partner teams (backend and native mobile). You’ll experience a lot of autonomy and trust as you follow through and produce high quality work.
To find success in this role you will need to be excited and determined to learn and grow. You are friendly and approachable with a love for simple and effective communication. Our teams work closely together and a clear communicator is greatly appreciated. You are teachable and make a habit of learning from everyone while not being afraid to voice your own knowledge and opinions. You are comfortable with ambiguity and self-starting. You love all programming languages, but given your skills, you especially love HTML, CSS, and JS. There will be many opportunities to tackle tough problems and bring simplicity to complex challenges
Basic Qualifications -
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, JS (Typescript), and React
- 2 - 4 years of experience with front-end web development
- Knowledge on using GIT
- Experience with responsive web design
- Proven ability working with visual and user centered design
- Proven ability to QA your own code
- Ability to accurately estimate your own work
- Excellent in setting expectations and following through on them.
- Experience with object oriented coding.
- Experience using the Sketch app
- Interest/experience in full stack development
- Daily sync ups- good clear communication skills for the day, what was finished yesterday, are you blocked,
- Manage and maintain your weekly tasks (tickets), (we use Asana) able to move those tasks into the correct column etc. Follow through with your tasks.
- Code reviews - submitting your code to be reviewed and review others’ code - great communication skills on your code reviews on best practices and calling out places where there could be a bug or a fix needed or for refactoring
What engineering looks like at Tomorrow…
- Continuous integration with automated testing for weekly releases.
- Heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging for rapid iteration.
- A strong focus on building a great user experience. We will balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
- Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, designers, and QA.
- We use modern deployment techniques, leveraging docker and containers, completely cloud based (AWS). We also look for new and better technologies to embrace.
- Brown bags - we love to learn from one another! You can volunteer to teach about new technologies, industry updates, and best practices.
Salary: We pay market salaries, including incentive options.
Tomorrow Employee Benefits
- Excellent Health, Dental & Medical Insurance
- Unlimited PTO & Paid Holidays
- Stock Options
- Free Friday Team Lunches
At Tomorrow, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all!
Please send your resume and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org