Tomorrow is a fully-funded start up headquartered in Seattle and founded in 2016. We’ve just closed our Series A financing and are building an in-house marketing team from the ground up.
Our users discover the Tomorrow app through various channels. Some channels are paid and some cost us nothing. Our users decide to use the Tomorrow app for one of its products, many of which are free. Some of our users decide to buy financial products, and we make money when they do. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a candidate to be our business and marketing analyst, working for our marketing and executive teams. Your job is to understand the business behind Tomorrow from the ground up, and provide the insights and reporting that ensure we make the most intelligent and informed decisions as we innovate. You will be observing consumer behaviors across many platforms, understanding what our customers do individually and in aggregate, and making recommendations to improve product and company performance.
You will own the data and analytics platforms and comfortably pull data from each platform, including Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Kochava, Segment, Heap, Google Analytics, Redshift, and our customer database. You will design analytics for day-to-day management, tracking key performance indicators, and ensure AB and multivariate tests are instrumented for analysis. You will work with the development and quality assurance teams to ensure products and services are reporting accurate data for your consumption and use.
But comfort with data is simply where your role begins. We expect you to be curious. When something looks awry, we need you to notice and ask the questions that begin with “why.” You are not simply modeling the business. Nor are you merely reporting. You will have a front-row seat to the growth of a large business by showing us what we should be looking at, developing hypotheses, and being an insights-driven analyst. It is your job to connect the dots and not merely report the news of what happened. We expect you to find insights, and to generate actionable insights that marketing leaders and executives can use to decide and move forward. You are an incredibly good communicator, both verbally and in writing, and are not shy sharing your opinions and insights.
- Provide day-to-day business reporting that inform marketing and executive teams in their roles.
- Own the analytics tools and platforms, ensuring quality (in partnership with developers and quality assurance)
- Design and run test analytics for AB and multivariate testing
- Partner with in-house conversion marketing managers to ensure their work provides the outcomes we need as a business to thrive.
- Partner with in-house paid media marketing managers to find business opportunities in their work at the top of the funnel and throughout the conversion process.
- Work with CEO and COO to model key company decisions, and map decisions to actual results.
- Measure success of cohorts in installing and opening the app, accomplishing key milestones, and receiving real value.
- (In partnership with our in-house conversion marketer) enable end-to-end measurement of true LTV by individual, cohort, channel and audience to ensure the marketing spend is deployed appropriately.
Required Background, Experience and Skills
- You have 2-5 years experience working on the analysis of app-based businesses as a marketing analyst, pricing analyst, business analyst or a technology company’s financial analyst.
- Undergrad major in math, finance or economics (or grad school equivalent)
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Proficiency in SAAS or a similar tool
- Mobile-app-first mentality
- Proven proficiency in app marketing analytics
- Growth mindset that is excited to test new ideas
- Experience measuring A/B and multivariate tests
- Deep analytical mindset that is obsessed with tracking and improving KPIs
Tomorrow Employee Benefits
- Excellent Health, Dental & Medical Insurance
- Unlimited PTO & Paid Holidays
- Stock Options
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Free Friday Team Lunches
At Tomorrow we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all!
Please send your resume and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org