Tomorrow (http://tomorrow.me/) is a venture-backed startup building a platform that will help millions of middle-class American families protect and grow their finances. The problem we're intent on solving spans multiple industries (legal/finance/insurance), and we help close gaps by recommending products that perfectly fit a family's needs.
Tomorrow believes making decisions about your family's financial future can and should be a beautiful experience, not a chore to avoid. Tomorrow has been featured in the press, TV and radio, and has been honored at TechCrunch Disrupt, Money2020, and InsureTech Connect. Our mission is to help families successfully plan their financial future.
We are a small, tight-knit team that believes we can make a difference with our code. We are bringing effective financial tools that previously only existed for the wealthy to everyone in an engaging and intuitive platform.
About Your Role
As a member of our back-end developer team at Tomorrow, you would be actively enabling an experience that makes it quick and easy for our customers to make important life decisions without drowning in the details. You will work on a modern technology stack and be a part of key early technology decisions as we develop the applications and the services that support it.
You are a developer comfortable writing scalable web services and are focused on writing code that is both maintainable and elegant. You should love what you do and thrive working in an engineering-driven organization.
What skills you should bring to Tomorrow…
- 4+ years of SoA backend experience.
- Loves to write SOLID code backed with tests.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and processes.
- Containerization and orchestration tools and processes.
- Experience with using AWS tools like SNS, SQS, and ECS (or general DevOps experience) a plus.
- You’re used to shipping quickly and shipping often, while still maintaining test coverage.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfortable with being self-motivated and self-directed when needed.
What engineering looks like at Tomorrow…
- Continuous integration with automated testing for weekly releases.
- Heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging for rapid iteration.
- A strong focus on building a great user experience. We will balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
- Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature battle tested by manual and automated QA.
Salary: We pay market salaries, including incentive stock options. Unlimited PTO, Flexible WFH Policy, catered team lunch on Fridays, health benefits, and more.
- If you're interested in applying, email email@example.com with your CV
Meet the Team
Tomorrow Ideas, Inc.
500 Union St. Suite 435
Seattle, WA 98101