Last Updated: April 4, 2017
Categories of Information Collected
Information You Provide Us
We collect all the information you provide to us, such as when you register for an account, prepare your estate planning documents, purchase insurance, link an external account to the Services, sign up to receive our email updates, fill out a form, complete a survey, receive customer service or when you otherwise communicate with us. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your own personal data such as your name, mobile phone number, email address, photograph, zip code, username, password, and government-issued identification numbers and other information you provide to us about your health or life status, such as health conditions or treatments, whether you are tobacco user, whether you have ever been pregnant and other similar information.
- Financial data such as information about your assets and debts including bank account information, credit card information, outstanding mortgage balance and other financial information, information about and photographs of property you wish to bequeath through your will or your trust, and information about your intellectual property rights.
- Contact information about any person or entity you add to the Services in connection with your estate planning documents or financial transactions (each, a “Contact”), including their name, date of birth, state of residency, United States residency status, designated role (e.g. beneficiary, trustee, attorney etc.), relationship to you, photograph, email address, and phone number.
- Any feedback or suggestions you provide to us about our Services.
- Any other information you provide to us or authorize us to access or collect from a third party.
Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of estate planning documents prepared and executed, type of insurance purchased, amount of your policy, other products or services purchased, and other related transaction details.
- Log Information: We collect standard server logs in connection with your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, IP address, and the web page you visited before navigating to, or after navigation away from, Tomorrow’s websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, browser version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: With your permission, we collect precise location from your mobile device in connection with your use of our mobile app.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies to collect information in connection with your use of our Services. The technologies we use include the following:
- Mobile device identifiers, which are used in mobile applications and perform functions similar to cookies and pixel tags; and
- Cookies, which are small files that are sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies allow our Services to recognize your browser or device and track your usage each time you visit. You can usually decline or remove cookies through your browser or device, but doing so may interfere with your use of Services; and
- Local storage, which stores data locally in your browser, including user preferences; and
- Pixel tags, which are small blocks of code often used in connection with cookies. Pixel tags (or web beacons) may be placed on our websites and emails, and allow us to track website usage, including to determine when emails have been opened and acted upon.
Information From Other Sources
We collect information from other companies and associate that with the information we collect about you. For example, in connection with your creation of an account, we may collect information about you from identity verification services. Furthermore, if you link any of your third party accounts e.g. your social media accounts or financial accounts to the Services, we may collect information from the providers of those accounts, including your contact list, social media profile information, social media feed information, interest rates, account balances, and transaction history. If you add any information about real estate you own to the Services, we will automatically look up and provide you the value of your real estate as reflected by certain third party real estate valuation services.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Tomorrow is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
Our use of Personal Information
As part of our Services, we use your personal information to provide you with personalized offerings for products and services that we believe you may be interested in. For example, we may use information you provide to us about your financial situation to recommend third party products and services that may help you consolidate debt, purchase a house, save for retirement, or achieve other financial goals by delivering you targeted content and promotional offers through the Services or by email. Additionally, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Assist you in purchasing financial products including insurance policies;
- Assist you in preparing, completing and executing your estate planning documents;
- Assist your executor and trustee in carrying out your wishes as specified in your will and trust, upon your death;
- Assist you with your personal financial planning;
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and provide customer service;
- Prevent and investigate violations of our terms and conditions and protect the rights and property of Tomorrow and others;
- Measure, analyze and monitor trends, activities, and usage of the Services;
- Verify your identity; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may also disclose any information we collect with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
(1) With service providers that perform services on our behalf, including identity verification services, fraud prevention services, and email marketing services;
(2) To the extent required to complete your purchases of services or products through the Services (e.g. life insurance policies), we may share the personal information you provide to us with our third party partners that provide these services and products;
(3) To comply with a legal request or to protect our rights, including:
- To comply with an applicable law or regulation, or in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability;
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of Tomorrow or others;
(4) In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of Tomorrow’s assets to another company; and
(5) With your consent, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
You may access and update your account profile information by logging into your account via our Services. When you close your account or otherwise cease your relationship with us, we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. Upon your death, your account and all personal information associated with your account will be suspended for 30 days, and after that period of time, we will delete your account and all personal information associated with your account, except to the extent we are required to retain this information by law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Tomorrow by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you initially consent to the collection of precise location information by Tomorrow via our mobile app, you should be able to subsequently stop this collection through your device operating system settings or by removing our mobile app from your device. You understand and agree that disabling location information may limit the Services available to you.
Cookies and Local Storage
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and local storage by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove browser cookies or clear local storage. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject these technologies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You should be able to stop receiving these messages by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
We may also seek permission for the collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device.