What are some cases where a lawyer should be consulted instead of using Tomorrow?

Some special cases in which we would recommend people see an attorney, instead of relying on us, include:

  • People with spouses that are not US citizens
  • People that have children with special needs and are receiving state or federal benefits
  • People with prenuptial or post-nuptial agreements or divorce agreements that include money paid out after death
  • People who hold estates worth more than state or federal estate tax exemption amounts
  • People who own interests in closely-held businesses, farms or substantial forest property that may be subject to special tax or planning considerations
  • People who want the assets passing to their spouse to be held in a Trust for their spouse instead of being paid to their spouse outright.

This is not an exhaustive list and other there may be other situations in which you should consult with an attorney. If you are at all concerned, please consult an attorney in your area.

For examples of specific cases, take a look at our blog post on the subject.

Feel free to reach out with questions or feedback: support@tomorrow.me